2019 STIHL MS 251 WOOD BOSS®
A powerful and fuel-efficient chainsaw that's comfortable to use.
The STIHL MS 251 WOOD BOSS® Chainsaw is designed to deliver all the power you'd expect from STIHL equipment, yet with a comfortable and ergonomic design. The MS 251 WOOD BOSS® is perfect for felling small trees, pruning and thinning, and cutting firewood simply and efficiently. And with up to 20 percent fuel savings and 50 percent reduced emissions (as compared to previous models), you can enjoy a longer run time while feeling good about your impact on the environment. Features like a Master Control Lever™ and reduced vibration make the STIHL MS 251 WOOD BOSS® a lean, easy-to-use machine that still packs plenty of power.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Displacement: 45.6 cc (2.78 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.9 kg (10.8 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 390 cc (13.2 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 198 cc (6.7 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: .325" RM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 45 cm (16" to 18")STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Power Source: Gas
- 2.78 cu. in. (45.6 cc)
- Horse Power
- 3.0 bhp (2.2 kW)
- 10.8 lb. (4.9 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 18 in. (40 to 45 cm)